When it comes to having children’s fun, there’s nothing that can be more appealing to them than playing in a bounce house. These inflatable toy houses can provide kids a lot of exciting moments. They give the best fun exercises for kids during children’s parties, family and friends gathering and even company events where kids will be included. However, bounce houses cost a lot if you’re thinking of putting the large ones for special occasions in your yard. Nevertheless, you can also rent one to save you some money and ultimately make kids enjoy the events. But how much does it cost to rent a bounce house?
Average Bounce House Rental Prices
Bounce houses are available in a variety of designs and themes. There are those that have the castles designs, the obstacles type with slides, the game rooms and a lot more. However, before renting a bounce house, make sure the rental company is licensed and insured especially the ones that you find it online. Their products should also be 100% safe for kids, and therefore these must be lead-free, made of quality materials, very durable and have fire retardant qualities.
For renting a bounce house, typically the cost is priced per block of hours because clearly nobody will rent a bounce house for just three hours or below that’s why block hours are set by rental companies like 4, 6, 8, and 12 up to 24 hours.
Here we present the most typical rental rates that bounce house rental companies follow:
- The regular hourly rent rate for medium size bounce house ranges from $10 to $40 an hour. The rate also depends on the design of the unit. So if you want to rent a bounce house good for three to four kids, a block of 4 hours could cost you $40 to $160. For a large number of kids, you’ll need the bigger ones which can be rented for $50 to $80 per hour so a block of 4 hours could cost you $200 to $320.
- Some new rental companies would agree to lease their bounce houses from $100 to $250 a day or depending on the design and size of the bounce house. Conversely, a large one could end up with a rent rate of $350 a day.
- For bounce houses that have very elaborate designs and a lot of rooms to play on, the average rent cost for the medium size can cost $200 and to the largest up to $575 a day. Such unit can include climbing walls, slides and even splash areas for kids to dip.
- Other companies rent combo bounce houses that present five features such as climbing area, slides, jump area, obstacles and basketball hoop and the average bounce house rental prices for these could range from $300 to $400 for eight hours.
Factors that Affect the Bounce House Renting Cost
Renting a bounce house may look like a simple thing because it only takes some money to rent one and a phone call. But you also have to know that there are factors that could add up to the renting cost and these could be any of the following:
- The distance of the rental company to your house can add a bit of the cost when it comes to the rent. For example, if you live in a semi-urban area and there are no rental companies near your location, but only in the city, the company may ask you to add up for the delivery charges. Usually, companies charge customers for gas cost when the distance exceeds 10 miles.
- Set-up charge. If you don’t agree that you pick the bounce house up from the rental company, you may request a drop-off. However, some rental companies would just drop the item in front of your door and leave so you need to set it up yourself. The problem is, a large folded bounce house could weigh up to 300 pounds. With this volume, it would be difficult to inflate it unless you have an electric pump inflator. Some companies would offer to take care of everything from delivery, set-up, inflation, deflation up to pick-up but there could be additional fees for these.
- Pay for damage. There are companies that may force you to sign a “damage waiver” in case the bounce house got ripped, had a hole or any damage due to excessive use, so you have to pay for the deed. So be aware of the damage waiver when renting a bounce house and clear this issue out before signing a contract.
- Holiday charges. Since most children are on vacation during holidays, a lot of families are renting bounce houses for their kids to enjoy their day off. However, renting one during the holidays could spell additional charges because of the demand. As such, if you’ll be using a credit card or make an online payment, you could end up being charged with 3% of the entire bounce house renting cost.
- Late pick-up. If you agree that the bounce house would be picked up by you at a particular time, since companies also have strict guidelines when it comes to time, a late pick-up would mean an additional charge on your part. So if renting time ends at 8 pm and you picked yours past this period, you could be charged 10% from the total rent rate as a penalty. The same goes with return time although there’s a time allowance allotted for this.
How much does it cost to rent a bounce house fairly depends on your needs and the type of bounce house you would want to rent. Here are the types to choose from:
- Indoor bounce houses. These are shorter that could fit inside homes and garages but with smaller bounce areas.
- Standard bounce houses. These are the indoor types but are designed for outdoor use and reinforced with thicker materials and are usually larger and heavier.
Other than these two traditional bounce houses, there are also the inflatable water parks and the commercial inflatables which you can add along with the bounce houses. If you want kids to show their competitive skills, there also the interactive inflatables and inflatable obstacle courses for games and competition and these suit children of all ages.
With a complete package for kids to enjoy, an outdoor experience for kids with the bounce houses can help them build their skills and camaraderie with other children aside from helping them develop their physical and mental capabilities.